Local overnight stays (sleepovers)
A local overnight stay (sleepover) is a stay which:
- Is under the supervision of another adult
- Takes place within the same community as the host family
- It is possible for the host family to “pick up” the student in the case of an emergency
- Local overnight stays (sleepovers) are allowed with permission from the student’s host family. EF permission is not required.
- Students should always provide their host family with all the details of their local overnight stay (sleepover), including the name and phone number of the student’s friend(s) whom they are staying with, the name and phone numbers of the adult(s) present at the local overnight stay, and the address of the local overnight stay.
- Students should always be advised/prepared to call their host family or the EF Emergency Phone if there are any issues that arise during the local overnight stay (sleepover).